Friday 30 March 2012

Long time no blog

Oops, has been rather too long since I last wrote on here. Time has been taken up with studying, family and illness in varying degrees. I'm still plodding on with my Children's Literature module and have just one assignment and the final end of module assessment to go. Considering this is my first foray into literature, I have been delighted with my scores and providing I carry on at the same level for these last two pieces of work I will come out with a pass 2 which will give me an overall 2:1 on my degree.

Work is still as much fun as ever - I have been working with a supply teacher this term and it has been interesting to observe different approaches to teaching. A new teacher starts next term, so I will have someone else to observe - all good experience for my PGCE! I'm also working extra hours until the end of the school year, so will have the chance to magpie away a few more ideas! I'm trying to gather as much information as I can before my course starts, so am bookmarking websites and taking note of what the children are reading to try and get some ideas.

There has been a lot of illness in the house over the past few months. February half term was a complete write off as I was laid up with flu for most of it, so it will be lovely to actually enjoy the holidays this time. We've also had sickness which has led to time off school - something of a rarity as I usually insist the children go in! Am hoping that is it for illness in this house for a while, as I can't afford to have time off from university for illness!

Exam season is starting as well - eldest daughter will be starting her GCSEs soon. Her exam timetable looks ridiculous. We have found a tutor to help with her science as that is something she is struggling with, so hopefully that will help. And prom dress shopping will be taking place over the holidays - I think my credit card may take a battering!

I'm looking forward to June when my module will be finished and I'll be able to read what I want, when I want. It will also be good not to feel guilty when I do something other than studying! I also need to make the most of my free time though, as I know it is something that will be seriously lacking from September!

No comments:

Post a Comment