Tuesday 10 April 2012

This time last year...


...I was in sunny south-west France, spending time in a French school. I can't quite believe it was a year ago - the time has gone so quickly! I wish I was back there again though, I had a fantastic time and met some lovely people. Maybe one day - I could count is as professional development!

I am still in touch with the school and email the directrice quite regularly. The children from her class still correspond with the children in my class, which is something I think they have benefited from hugely. I just hope someone will carry on the link when I leave school in July. Anne (the directrice) knows I am leaving, and has already said that when I have finished training and am (hopefully!) in my own school, she would like to carry on corresponding with my new class. I feel a bit guilty that they will probably stop writing to my current school, but the link is very personal between Anne and myself and I would really like that to continue. Unless of course I find a job in a school that already has a French link - that could be a bit more awkward.

I'm hoping to set up a French club in school for the Summer term - I know it won't be for long but I hope it will enthuse some of the younger children. The reception children already love it when I get the chance to spend some time doing French with them and they pick it up so quickly. I think it helps that they have no inhibitions about getting things wrong - they just have a go at anything. Although I want to teach KS2, I hope that I will have the opportunity to do languages with younger children as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment