Friday 27 January 2012

Why I love my job

Have just spent a fabulous day with a range of Key Stage 2 children which emphasised just why I want to be a teacher and why I love being with children! We had a Key Stage 2 trip to the local Castle Museum for a Roman day - our topic for this half-term is Romans - and I had a lovely day! As a group we took part in 4 different workshops, and the enthusiasm and engagement of the children underlined for me why I want to spend my days in a classroom - the children loved what they were doing and if I can instil half of that enthusiasm in my lessons I will be very happy.

We had a session on Roman artifacts, another on life as an Iceni, a day as a Roman soldier and a session on making a torc. The children were beautifully behaved and , while I realise that life in a classroom is slightly different, I hope that I will - at some stage - be able to capture the children's imagination as much as they were captured today.

I came away from today with several ideas for lessons and lots of ideas of what appeals to children. Long may it last!

No comments:

Post a Comment