Monday 6 September 2010

Back to school

The end of the long summer holidays and three out of my four children are back at school today (youngest starts Wednesday) so it is time for me to pick my books up again and get on with some serious studying! I have found it very difficult to keep up with things over the holidays - entertaining - and feeding! - 4 children with very different temperaments, likes and dislikes meant that the books were left largely untouched, other than to write my final assignment for my French course.

A three hour tutorial tonight should get me in the mood for revision - at least it will point out all the glaring gaps in my vocabulary and grammar. The 2 hour drive each way isn't something I'm particularly looking forward to, but with exams looming I can't afford to miss any opportunity to practise French. Just three weeks until the spoken exam and then a further two weeks until the written exam - lots of work to do between now and then. And then only a couple of weeks gap until I start my German course....

My theoretical child-free study time could soon be a thing of the past ae I am on the lookout for another job. DH is not enjoying the new role that he has been pushed into, so I need to bring some more money in just in case things reach boiling point and he ends up leaving work. This could put a huge dent in my plan of completing my degree in another 2 years, but I'll just have to see how things go.

My application for job-shadowing in Toulouse has to be in next week - I'm still wiating for details of my partner school so it is going to be a very last minute application! Would be great if I could go as that may be my only chance to go to France next year.

Back to the books - have to prepare an essay plan before tonight's tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment