Monday 13 September 2010

Nothing is ever straightforward

I have spent some time looking into requirements for PGCE and now fear that my degree may not be good enough. Ideally I want to do my PGCE at the UEA - the closest university to where I live. Their requirements for secondary modern languages states that you must have a good understanding of the culture of the target language. Yet, I have not spent much time in either France or Germany. A tentative enquiry on the TES website has lead to a reply which basically says that my language skills will notbe good enough if I don't spend at least a term abroad.

So, I looked at requirements for Primary - that states that as well as a degree, good A level results are needed. I didn't take A levels.

Perhaps I'm fooling myself that I'll ever be able to become a teacher - maybe I should just go and work in Tesco instead.

Oh well - I'll keep plodding on and attend the UEA Secondary and Primary open days to try and talk to tutors and see whether I stand a chance. Starting to feel rather despondent though.

No comments:

Post a Comment