Wednesday 12 May 2010

Exam worries

In just under 5 weeks time, I am due to sit an exam for the first time in 15 years! Three hours of writing, in silence - I'm panicking already. Have started revision, but it really doesn't seem to be sinking in. How did I remember things when I was younger? I guess I didn't have so many other things floating round in my head and I could concentrate just on what I was trying to remember, rather than thinking about the housework and laundry, or whether I have enough food in the house for the hungry hoardes! (Answer - probably not!)

I am trying to revise 'properly' with lots of sticky notes, highlighters, writing things down, trying to construct mindmaps and so on, which is a far cry from the days of 'O' levels when I just had a read through of the books and miraculously the information stuck. My brain and memory have clearly suffered over the years.

The other thing that is suffering is my time spent with the children - studying and revision seems to be taking precedent over everything else and the children are fending for themselves rather a lot! I keep trying to convince myself that it will all be worth it when I have finished, although the thought of packing it all in and applying for a job at the local supermarket has its appeal as well at times.

Ah well, back to the books and a session on 'Accent as a social status' - can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment