Wednesday 7 December 2011

A degree at last, plus an interview

Finally, I can say I have a degree! I have received the results of the 3 modules I took this year, and received a pass 2 in my level 3 French and a pass and a distinction in my level 1 German modules. This means that I can claim 3 qualifications from the OU - a Certificate in German, a Diploma in French and a BA (Open). I still need to pass my current Children's Literature module to get the final 60 credits for an Honours degree, but the end is in sight. With my current grades. as long as I get a pass 3 or above for this module, I should still come out with a 2:1, which I will be absolutely delighted with. There is still a lot of work to do though - I'm not finding it to be an easy module as I haven't studied any literature before, but it is interesting, so I'm hoping I can get through it in one piece.

In other news, I have an interview for a place on a Primary PGCE course next week. To say I'm nervous is an understatement! I know I'm not great at interviews, so am doing what I can to try and prepare for the day. Because I am applying for Primary with French, I get a whole day of interviews! French conversation, a French written assessment plus an interview, then the PGCE part - interview, book presentation and group discussion, and another written assessment. This is what the past 3 years have all been about - getting a place on the course to do my teacher training, so there is a lot riding on the interview day.

Must remember to stock up on Rescue Remedy to see me through the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment